How Does Emotional Intelligence Influence Leadership ?
- Emotionally intelligent leaders are gifted leaders who are self-aware, empathetic, can read & regulate their emotions while institutively grasping how others feel, gauging their emotional state.
- Daniel Goleman’s framework includes the following ;
- self-awareness- knowing one’s strengths, weaknesses, values, goals & drives.
- self regulation – managing or redirecting disruptive emotions /impulses
- Motivation- being driven to achieve for the sake of achievement
- Empathy- Considering others feeling while making decisions
- Social Skill Managing relationships to move in desired directions.